Gary Neville Retires From Football

Manchester United defender Gary Neville has retired from football with immediate effect. The last time the 35-year old played was in Man United's 2-1 win over West Brom on the first of January, which was his 602nd appearance for the club.

"I have been a Manchester United fan all my life and fulfilled every dream I've ever had. Obviously I am disappointed that my playing days are at an end, however it comes to us all, and it's knowing when that time is and for me that time is now," Neville told ManUtd.com

"I have played in the most incredible football teams, playing with some of the best players in the world as well as against them and I have been lucky to have been part of the team's achievements and the club's great success.

"There are so many people I want to thank and, of course, top of that list is Sir Alex [Ferguson]. He has given me so many opportunities and countless support over the last 20 years - he is truly one of the greatest managers - and I have to thank him for that."

Since signing for Man United in 1991, Neville has gone on to win eight Premier League trophies, the Champions League, three FA Cups, two League Cups, the Intercontinental Cup and FIFA Club World Cup.

Leave a Reply