Kuszczak Set To Leave United

Tomasz Kuszczak is set to leave Manchester United, according to The Sun newspaper.

Kuszczak is unhappy at the amount of time he spends on the bench and has had enough of waiting to be United's number one keeper.

The 29-year old joined Man United on the 10th August 2006, since then has has gone on to make 59 appearances. He has only made eight appearances this season and is not set to leave during the summer.

The Sun have quoted the goalkeeper as saying:

"I'm definitely leaving the club. My time in Manchester is coming to an end.

"I've worked hard for five years but I never played as much as I wanted.

"It's a shame the manager didn't really give me a chance.

"I always believed I can be Edwin Van Der Sar's successor. Unfortunately, Sir Alex has decided differently.
"Even though I played many games, I spent most of my time on the bench.

"I accepted that as I had a great rival, one of the world's best keepers, and Manchester was the only club where I could accept that role for so long.

"But I've had enough of waiting. I want to play in Euro 2012. Staying here I could be left out by Poland's coach.

"I spoke to Alex Ferguson about my role on many occasions.

"The manager was in a difficult position. But he also knew Edwin is retiring after this season so he could give me a few more chances to play.

"We didn't speak that much to convince me next year I can be No1."

“I'd probably be No2 for the next few years. I don't want that."

Leave a Reply