Ronaldo named PFA Player Of The Year

Not really a surprise is it?
Cristiano Ronaldo has won PFA Player Of The Year award for the second season in a row. Ronaldo beat Torres, Gerrard, Fabregas, James and Adebayor to the award.
In a pre-recorded acceptance speech,
Ronaldo said: "I feel very happy. When you work all season to do something for the team, and then at the end the PFA give you this award, it is a great moment.
"It is an honour, a pleasure and a great motivation to carry on, to work more and get better.
"This is a good moment for me but it is not just my award, my team-mates have helped me a lot this season. They give me good passes to score goals - and I score.''

He was also up for the PFA Young Player Of The Year but he didnt get that one, Fabregas did.

We also had a few players in the PFA Players Team Of The Year:

Goalkeeper
James (Portsmouth)
Defence
Sagna (Arsenal) Ferdinand (United) Vidic (United) Clichy (Arsenal)
Midfield
Ronaldo (United) Gerrard (Liverpool) Fabregas (Arsenal) Young (A.Villa)
Upfront
Torres (Liverpool) Adebayor (Arsenal)

I dont quite agree with that team of the year but i do agree with some of it. I wouldnt have Clichy there i would probably have Lescott. I also wouldnt have Sagna there. What is your team of the year?

Leave a Reply