Pique Says Goodbye






Yesterday i told you that Pique was leaving United for Barcelona, but before he goes he has asked manutd.com to post a special message from him too the fans.


Here is what he said:




I didn't want to say goodbye without thanking all the club personnel, including the football equipment manager, masseuses, secretaries, coaches, and especially my team mates, who have always treated me well and played a vital role in my development, both as a football player and more importantly, on a personal level.




Obviously I would have liked to play more this season, but I must say that despite some difficult decisions, the manager has always treated me in an exceptional manner, for which I am extremely grateful.




I am leaving with some very special memories: scoring a Champions League goal at Old Trafford, beating Arsenal in April on the way to winning the title and, most of all, the experience of being part of this fantastic group that won the Premier League and Champions League Double.




Finally, a special thanks to the fans for their warmth and support. I would like them to know that I will always carry United in my heart and I hope that they understand my decision to go back to my home club, FC Barcelona.Thank you all and I hope to see you in the Champions League final next season.




Gerard Pique




Pique wants first team football and i think it is fair enough. I would have liked to see him stay at United but he is at Barcelona and i wish him the best.







Leave a Reply