Ian Wright On Ronaldo

Fitter Kids - Photocall
Image details: Fitter Kids - Photocall served by picapp.com



It seems like everybody is having a say on Cristiano Ronaldo and his future, except for Ronaldo himself that is. Ian Wright has had his say and I agree with everything he has said.

Here is what Ian Wright said:

"As a player, there’s no doubt what you’re capable of. As a man, you’re not showing any class whatsoever.

You’re also failing to show any respect to either Alex Ferguson or the Manchester United fans.

To be honest, I’m embarrassed for you.

You’re now 23 and you should not be acting quite so immature.

You’ve been at Old Trafford for five years but it’s only the last two seasons you’ve set the place on fire.

Previous to that, Fergie stuck with you. Despite your diving and despite the fact you would always try to take on a defender rather than pass to a team-mate. When you acted a right winker at the World Cup two years ago, your club manager once again showed extreme loyalty to you, along with United’s fans.

They could have turned on you after your behaviour during the England match in Germany but they didn’t.

You’ve now become one hell of a player — the best on this planet. I’d pay just to see you warm-up, let alone play a game.

But with the drop of a hat, it seems you’re ready to join Real Madrid.

What’s the rush? You’re still so young, for heaven’s sake. Surely you should give United another two years’ service before thinking about heading off to the Bernabeu.

I understand if it’s your dream to play for Real but you owe it to United to be patient — and that’s why you should stay. Doesn’t the affection of United’s fans and your team-mates mean anything to you?

I’m sure you’ve got advisors whispering in your ear but surely you have realised they could only be in it for the money, rather than your personal welfare.

While Real may be tempting you with £300,000 a week after tax, how much money do you actually want? If you stay in Manchester, you could be banking £7.5million a year. It shouldn’t be about money at all, in any case.

At the end of the season, I’d have loved it if you had said ‘I’m not interested in joining Real — I’m happy at United.’

But you didn’t. You gave a smile and said you’d let us know ‘in two or three weeks.’ You may have thought you were being funny but no one was laughing.

Even if you do surprise us and decide to stay at United, I’m not convinced your heart will be in the job. Not after your recent behaviour.

In 12 months’ time, we’ll end up with another similar will-he-leave-or-will-he-stay pantomime. Arsenal had this with Patrick Vieira and it didn’t do anyone any good.

Having a player in this situation is a bit like having a girlfriend who is unhappy. There comes a time when you just have to split.

The whole episode reminds me of when I had the chance to leave the Gunners for Chelsea. At the time I didn’t get on with then-boss Bruce Rioch. But if I’d gone it would have been for a football reason and not money. I never wanted to leave Arsenal and, fortunately for me, Rioch left and I stayed with the club I loved.

Of course, I know you’re not the only one to blame in this.

It seems Real have again shown they have a disregard for other clubs and the rules of football. But they’ll continue to act like this, as long as they’re allowed to get away with it.

It’s a sorry reminder that football can be a real cesspit. I’d love it if you could show some guts and prove us wrong by staying with United.

Sadly, I don’t think you will"

Source: The Sun

Leave a Reply