Santon Rejected United At 16


Inter Milan defender Davide Santon has revealed that he turned down a chance to join Manchester United at the tender age of 16. Apparently the defender has been fantastic for Inter Milan this season and he is happy that he signed a professional contract with Inter.


"The Italian youth system works really well, this is why all the big clubs come here to take players," Santon told Il Corriere Dello Sport.

"It's true, I could have also gone to play in England because I knew Manchester United, Chelsea and other teams were asking about me.

"However, Inter offered me my first professional deal when I was 16 and it stopped me from going."


He has said that teams like Chelsea and Manchester United were asking about him but that doesn't mean anything, teams ask about players all of the time, doesn't mean they are going to buy them.

I have seen a bit of Santon this season and I honestly believe that Rafael Da Silva is just as good if not better than Santon.

Leave a Reply