Berbatov Will Prove Himself

Football - Manchester United v Tottenham Hotspur Barclays Premier League


There was a big hype over Dimitar Berbatov when he first joined Manchester United, and he hasn't got off to the best of starts at Man United but he believes that he will score more and more goals.

Berbatov spoke to MUTV and this is what he had to say, "I think I can do better this season, I think I can do more. That's why I am happy to be on the pre-season tour. It is always beneficial to start well and have a good pre-season and I feel I am training well at the moment. I am here to score goals and I hope to score more and more for United this season"

Man United supporters are definitely split when it comes to Dimitar Berbatov. Some love him and some believe he is a waste of money.

There is no doubting that he didn't have the best of seasons but I believe that he can and will get better.

We now have Berbatov, Michael Owen, Wayne Rooney, Danny Welbeck, Federico Macheda and other youngsters who can play up front. We do have plenty of options.

Another reason why Berbatov didn't get off to the best of starts with the fans is that he was always starting ahead of Carlos Tevez who was a fans favourite. I believe that, that didn't do him any favours, Berbatov wasn't at his best but he still was put in ahead of Tevez.

What do you think? Will Berbatov improve this season?

Leave a Reply