Rio Only Cares About United

MANCHESTER UNITED V VALENCIA CF


Man United defender Rio Ferdinand has said that the only thing he cares about is Manchester United doing well. If Man United claim a Champion’s League place then that is fantastic, he doesn’t care who else is in the Champion’s League places.

There has been much speculation whether or not Manchester City, Tottenham, Aston Villa and Everton can finish in the Champion’s League spots. Arsenal have lost a few players and those teams are looking strong but Ferdinand only cares about United.

"You do assess your rivals," Sky Sports quotes Ferdinand as saying.

"It has been the same teams over the last few seasons.

"Liverpool were runners-up so they will be there or thereabouts again, the same as Chelsea, who have a new manager with new ideas, while Arsenal have a talented young squad.

"Manchester City have invested heavily, Everton, Aston Villa and maybe Spurs will be up there as well, and you might get someone coming out [of] the [chasing] pack to surprise everyone, like a West Ham [United].

"In the end I think the top four will be similar to last season, but I have to be honest, I could not care less who is up there as long as we are there. I care about Manchester United, it is simple as that."

Rio went on to talk about Man United’s youngsters breaking into the first team ( I have done a post on who to look out for this season – here)

"I have always been a big fan of young players coming into squads," he said.

"I was there once myself, so you never forget that.

"We have a great number of talented young players. There are loads in and around the first team.

"I am just delighted to be here and see the next budding young players coming through the doors of Manchester United."

Leave a Reply