Gerrard Doesn't Like Seeing Owen In A United Shirt

Football - Liverpool v Newcastle United Barclays Premier League
Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard has admitted that he doesn’t like seeing former team-mate Michael Owen wearing a Man United shirt.

Gerrard told FourFourTwo magazine: "I don't like it. It's weird and doesn't look right.
"I played with him in the red of Liverpool since I was 10, so to see him in the red of United is difficult for me. 

"Obviously it was a chance he needed to take so I wish him well personally - but I do not want United to do well at all."

Owen wants to win a Premier League title and under Man United he has more chance of winning a title. Gerrard would love to win a Premier League title so I am sure he understands that.
I am also sure that Owen won’t be too worried about upsetting Gerrard. He is perfectly entitled to play for United. Saying that, I still find it odd seeing Owen in a Man United shirt.

Leave a Reply