Obertan: I'm Not Ronaldo's Successor

Last night we saw flashes of what winger Gabriel Obertan will be able to do. The 20-year old joined Man United in July 2009, Obertan has today insisted that he is NOT Cristiano Ronaldo’s successor.

It was bound to happen, when Luis Nani joined Man United he was labelled as ‘the next’ Cristiano Ronaldo and it looks like the same has happened to Obertan. He did show last night that he can do the step overs but I think it is unfair to label him as Ronaldo’s successor.


"I'm not Ronaldo's successor," he told the press after United’s 1-0 loss to Besiktas.

"I just try to be Gabriel Obertan and just work hard. There's no comparison possible for now."

Obertan has now got over his injury problems and he wants to do more for the team.

"I tried to and want to do more. I've not scored yet or made an assist," he added.


"I've had some good performances when I've come on, but I want to do more than that. I think I could do more. I really wish I could do more."


"I think it is better for me to play in England than France. There is more space and the game is quicker."

Leave a Reply