Ryan Giggs: Sir Alex Ferguson Will Manage Man United For Five More Years

Man United midfielder Ryan Giggs has said that he believes Sir Alex Ferguson will continue to manager Man United for a further five years. Sir Alex is 67-years old and many believe that he could last as manager for a further one or two years.

BBC Sports Personality Of The Year

Giggs was asked by The Times who he thought would retire first, he said: "I think it will be me.


"The manager is as good as ever and will go on for a long time.


"I can still see him as manager of United in five years' time, easily, because as long as he is healthy he will have the desire to carry on.


"He has a great team around him, he has his passions away from the game and can get away with his horse racing. When he comes back to football he is refreshed, and I know he still has that desire."

Giggs went on to talk about his relationship with the gaffer, stating that he may have aged and mellowed a bit but he can still get the younger players to fear him.

"Our relationship has never been better. It has evolved.


"He speaks to me like a friend and asks for my advice, which gives me tremendous confidence.


"We still argue, which is normal, we are all winners.


"The younger players still fear him, but not like when I was their age. He has mellowed, he isn't near as frightening as 20 years ago."

Leave a Reply