Cristiano Ronaldo Talks Wayne Rooney

Football - Derby County v Manchester United Carling Cup Semi Final First Leg
Cristiano Ronaldo has been talking at the launch of Nike’s new football boot (if you’re interested it’s called the Mercurial Superfly Vapor II), he was quizzed on many things, one of which was Wayne Rooney.

Rooney has been in fine form for Man United this season, apart from one exception (the Everton game). Many are saying that Rooney is a contender for World Player Of The Year and it is hard to think of a reason why he shouldn’t.

Ronaldo said: "I know the quality Rooney has - he is always brilliant. Not just this season.


"For me Rooney is still the same player - he is fantastic, a winning guy. I don't know if this possible but I hope my friend in Manchester and I can play again. Why not? Anything is possible."

Ronaldo went on to say that he still speaks to some of his former colleagues since his £80 million move to Madrid.


"I speak with the boss Ferguson sometimes. Also Rio Ferdinand, Patrice Evra, Nani. I haven’t finished my relationship with these guys."

Leave a Reply