A Successful Return For Nemanja Vidic

Soccer: Training - Manchester United May 20
Man United are still second in the Premier League table after a 3-0 win over West Ham but we are now one point behind Chelsea, but we have played a game extra.

United’s defence didn’t look shaky against the Hammers, that may have had something to do with West Ham not testing the defence that much but we also had Nemanja Vidic return. Vidic kept Carlton Cole quiet all night, which resulted in West Ham not really doing much in the final third of the pitch, apart from a few occasions.

Vidic had been suffering with an injury in his leg and hadn’t played for United since December 2009, his first game in 2010 was a successful one.

“It’s nice to be back,” Vidic told MUTV after the win. “I enjoyed playing again. It’s a long time since I last played, but I am happy first of all that we won the game, and also that I feel OK in terms of the injury. I feel well and that’s very important for me. I didn’t feel any reaction today. So I am very happy.


“When I finished last season, I thought this season would be even better, but I’ve had the injury and this year has been very frustrating. I missed pre-season and two months recently. I hope the injury is in the past and I’m looking forward to the next games.”


“It was 3-0 but we could maybe have scored more”
“We played some good football. In the beginning it wasn’t an easy game. They played with two forwards and tried to score. They had some good chances, but we dealt with that and deserved the three points.”


“We believe we can win the title,” he added. “Confidence is a big word, but we believe we can do it. They could be four points in front of us [with their game in hand] but they have to come to our ground [in April]. We can do it, especially with some big players back from injury. I think we will be good for the rest of the season.”

I’m hoping he can continue being a rock for United’s defence until the end of the season. Next up we have Aston Villa in the Carling Cup, who we have lost to once and drawn once with this season.

Leave a Reply