Gaffer Sets Rooney A Target Of 40 Goals

Football - Manchester United v AC Milan UEFA Champions League Second Round Second Leg
Man United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has set Wayne Rooney a target of scoring 40 goals this season. After breaking the 30 barrier last night against AC Milan, Rooney’s next target is the big 40.

Two seasons ago winger Cristiano Ronaldo scored a massive haul of 42 goals, but Sir Alex isn’t going to be greedy, he would only like another 10 goals this season from Rooney.

"I am delighted he has got to 30," said Sir Alex.
"That is what I wanted. But he is there now.

"We have nine league games left and hopefully five European matches, so that is 14 in total. If he gets a goal a game he will do it.

"But I am not greedy. I would be happy if he got to 40."

I would love to see Rooney beat Ronaldo’s tally of 42 goals, not because I’m bitter because Ronaldo left but because I believe he deserves it. Over recent season’s when we had Ronaldo, Rooney has been so unselfish, it would be great to see him get that amount of goals.

Leave a Reply