Could Rooney Really Face Bayern?

Sports News - March 31, 2010
Man United’s top scorer Wayne Rooney limped off at the end of United’s first leg defeat to Bayern Munich midweek. Subsequently he has been ruled out for between 2-3 weeks.

Reports in today’s papers suggest that Rooney may be back a lot earlier than planned and could face Bayern again this Wednesday. Rooney has been undergoing some intensive treatment on his foot and could play a part in Wednesday’s game, even if he is a substitute.

A Man United ‘insider’ said: “He’s in a strap me up, send me out there mood.”

I don’t know how true this is but it wouldn’t surprise me. What would surprise me is Sir Alex Ferguson rushing Rooney back and risking further injury. If Rooney is named on the bench or even the starting line-up on Wednesday then I would assume he is fit. Can Rooney get himself fit by Wednesday? I doubt that.

Leave a Reply