Manchester United NOT Manu

You get many Manchester United fans walking around saying that they support Manu but in my opinion, they obviously don't know what much about the club because real Manchester United fans NEVER say that they support Manu.
The term Manu is used by rival supporters who just want to insult the club, if ManUtd supporters say they support Manu, then they are insulting the club.
There is a fantastic example of why we don't say Manu in the Manchester United Official Website Community:

A chant by West Brom fans: "Duncan Edwards is manure, rotting in his grave, man you are manure- rotting in your grave".
The origin of "Man u" is a song to insult the dead Duncan Edwards.Liverpool and Leeds fans copied this with their own man you /u versions to insult all of the lads who died at munich.
"Man U Man U went on a plane Man U Man U never came back again"and.."Man U Never Intended Coming Home" (if you combine the first letter of each word you get the word "munich").

This was posted by Red_Tide

Many Manchester United fans don't know this, so I am posting this on my blog to try and help supporters understand why we don't call our club Manu, and if any rival supporters use it- your just sick in the head.

11 Responses so far.

  1. Anonymous says:

    Fasinating insight. I was unaware Manu was seen an insult, I just thought it was a convenient short hand. The fact that my nickname is "AntiManU" - does that mean I'm anti the nasty images you cite in your blog.... well yes it does!!!

    I may hate Manchester United but I do not support inhumane / sick material such as "the only good red is a dead red" theory or Munich related taunts. None of these things appear on my website.

  2. Anonymous says:

    I honestly didn't believe that you knew this, many people don't know this but some people who do and use it in a negative way and I find that disgusting.

  3. Anonymous says:

    I hate manu and Manchester United. I am a gonner but not in support of th stupid manu song. Some fans are nuts and they are not the real football fans as no good fan will sing the "Manu" song only idiots do that.

    all football fans are invited to join http://soccerfanbase.com for the best of football discussion and forum chat.

  4. Anonymous says:

    Hi soccerfanbase,

    Thats good to hear, you do get the occasional idiots in football, thank you for your comment.

  5. Anyone who uses the name 'Man U' is a shitty glory hunter who knows NOTHING about the club or it's history and if they come to my blog and use 'Man U' they get banned for life, lol. They all migrated to Chelsea when Chelsea won the league, now we have them back at United again, Grrrrrrrrrrrrr !!!

  6. Shuggo says:

    Hi carlyluvsunited, thank you ever so much for your comment, they can all go back to Chelsea for all I care, it is disgusting, especially when they know the reason why people don't like it.

  7. Anonymous says:

    This is a load of crap...and i'm a manchester united fan.

    and also, that song would spell "munich" even if it said the club's full name (rather than man u).

    concentrate on the footy and leave the faux tribalism to someone else.

  8. Nirav says:

    | May the 27th, the world will have one thing to say, "Dude, i can't come, i have to watch Barcelona vs Manchester Utd!" It's time for the epic battle, Manchester United vs FC Barcelona. But for today I have one thing to say, "GLORY GLORY MAN UNITED!" |

  9. Shuggo says:

    Hey Nirav, thanks for your comment. Fantastic comment, I can't wait and by the sounds of it you can't wait.

  10. Excellent post! this case study gives me a lot of things to think about. I think this would be nice and helpful to others. Thanks for the post.

  11. Anonymous says:

    thanks for the insight man

Leave a Reply