Zieler Set To Leave Man United

Sports News - April 13, 2010

Man United’s 21-year old goalkeeper Ron-Robert Zieler looks like he will leave United during the summer and return to his home country Germany. The young keeper will be out of contract this summer and is looking to move away from Old Trafford.

Zieler has returned to Germany and is going to have a trial with Hannover. Zieler joined United as a trainee in 2005, he then signed a professional contract in 2008. Sunce then he has gone out on load to Northampton in 2008/2009 season, but he only made two appearances.

On the 30th March 2009 Zieler suffered a broken arm whilst playing for United’s reserves against Newcastle United’s reserves.

Zieler told BILD: "I came to Hannover hoping I can manage to stay at the club."

"They offered me the chance to have a trial and I am thankful for this as it isn't easy for people to watch me playing for the Manchester United reserves.

"I am happy being at Hannover. If everything goes fine I might have the opportunity to stay on."

The youngster has done well for the reserve team but is yet to make an appearance with the first team and it is looking like he won't.

Leave a Reply