Fridays Transfer Rumour Round-Up

Football - Blackburn Rovers v Manchester United Barclays Premier League
With the Premier League season nearly finished and the summer transfer window only around the corner, many players will be linked with a move too and from Manchester United. Each day there will be different rumours, here are the pick of todays.

Man United defender Nemanja Vidic has been linked with a move away, but today he has tried to put those rumours to bed.

Vidic has been quoted as saying: "I can't do anything about it.”

"I have said many times I am here and I have shown on the pitch my commitment. I enjoy playing. Nothing changes, I am here."

One player who won’t be going anywhere is Jonny Evans after he signed a new five-year deal, he had been linked with a move to Real Madrid.

“I am delighted to have signed a new contract,” Evans said. “I’ve supported Manchester United all my life and it’s a great honour to be able to continue to wear the badge of this great club. I’d like to thank the staff, players and fans for their continued support in my development.”

Ben Foster has admitted that he may have to make the tough decision of leaving Man United, to rescue his career. Birmingham City have been linked with the keeper, it is believed that United are wanting £6 million for him.

Sir Alex Ferguson said: “I have had a chat with Ben. I understand his dilemma but there is nothing I can do.
“He is a terrific goalkeeper and we will see what the future brings for the boy.”

Foster may be on his way out but if the papers are to be believed then United are considering making a move for Juventus’ Gianluigi Buffon. It’s thought that the 32-year old keeper is keen on a move to the Premier League.

England International Michael Carrick has been linked with a move back to his former club Tottenham Hotspur.

Spurs boss Harry Redknapp has downplayed the rumours: "Michael's also a top player.”

"I signed him when he was 12. I know all about him as well.

"Will he want to leave Man United? I wouldn't have thought so."

Manchester City’s Stephen Ireland has reportedly met with the club's football administration officer to see if there is any possibility that he can leave the club. Some websites are claiming that Ireland is on United’s transfer list and the club may be willing to pay £12 million.

Leave a Reply