Man United Fight Back To Win 3-2

This evening Manchester United fought back from being 2-0 down to Blackpool to win 3-2 and go five points clear of Arsenal in the Premier League.

There was no Rio Ferdinand for United after he failed to fully recover from a groin injury but Rafael Da Silva did return after serving a one-match ban.

The full starting line-up was: Van Der Sar, Rafael, Smalling, Vidic, Evra, Scholes, Gibson, Fletcher, Nani, Rooney and Berbatov.

Blackpool took the lead on the 15th minute after some very poor marking from Man United from a corner, former Man United player Craig Cathcart was there to head past Van Der Sar.

Nemanja Vidic almost gave Blackpool a 2-0 lead but luckily for the United defender, Van Der Sar was able to get a hand on his header. Blackpool continued to pile on the pressure with Elliot Grandin firing over, Luke Varney saw his attempt deflect off a Man United player and away for a corner, if it hadn't taken a deflection that could have been a second goal.

As the half went on, United did improve slightly with both Rafael and Dimitar Berbatov testing keeper Richard Kingston. Rafael's header was an easy save for Kingston and Berbatov's strike from 20-yards out flew wide of the post.

Man United were dealt a massive blow minutes before half time after conceding a second goal, from another corner. Some more terrible defending from United led to DJ Campbell having a clear header.

Sir Alex Ferguson made an immediate change for the second half with Ryan Giggs coming on for Darron Gibson.

A few minutes into the second half, Man United came very close to scoring after Darren Fletcher flicked on a Ryan Giggs corer, the ball was cleared off the line.

Blackpool should have been awarded a penalty after Rafael wiped out Luke Varney in the penalty area. Referee Peter Walton waved away the penalty claims.

With the game still at 0-0, United's second substitution was to bring on Javier 'Chicharito' Hernandez on for Wayne Rooney. Hernandez should have made an immediate impact after being put through one-on-one with Kingston but the Blackpool keeper made the save.

Then came the moment that Man United fans had been looking for- two goals in a matter of minutes. Berbatov pulled one back for Man United after Nani found Fletcher, his ball into the area was volleyed past Kingston by Berbatov.

Seconds later Man United equalised. Giggs put Hernandez clean through on goal, this time he did put the ball past Kingston.

Man United were forced to make a final substitution with Anderson coming on for the injured Rafael. The Brazilian was stretchered off down the tunnel with a neck brace on after a clash of heads. Rafael was immediately taken to hospital, with his brother Fabio Da Silva in the ambulance with him, Rafael was conscious.

Man United took the lead 3-2 on the 97th minute with another goal from Berbatov. A fantastic pass by Paul Scholes found Berbatov, who fired past the keeper to give what looked like an unlikely lead for United.

After the injury to Rafael, 10 minutes were added on. During the 10 minutes, Hernandez came close with two headers. The game somehow finished 3-2 to Man United, Ian Holloway will be angry after his side should have been awarded a penalty but it's three vital points picked up by United.

Leave a Reply