Reaction's From Villa Match

Sir Alex Ferguson:
"I think we showed fantastic energy,"
"That's very pleasing, considering some of the players had been away for internationals and the pitch was very heavy."
"I said last week the players had reached a peak(the 3-0 win over Liverpool) and that continued today,"
"I think the players realise now it’s a race to the line and we need consistency, we need real focus. They want to play at their very best. There’s good evidence of that in the last two games. Being at home is always an advantage of course but we’ve played against two very good sides so these (last two games) are good omens for us."
"We don’t feel that close (to the title) with six games left. We wish it was only one. Nonetheless I think there’s great confidence in the way the team is playing and that’s always good at this time of year."

Cristiano Ronaldo
After the thrashing of Villa, Ronaldo has admitted that he is obsessed with being the best footballer in the world:
"The focus is on winning the Champions League and the Premier League. We have the opportunity to do that and we have the players," Ronaldo told the News of the World.
"But of course it's my aim to be the best in the world. I want to be the best in the world and that's what I work towards every day.
"But only God knows whether I will one day manage to win that prize which is so important for me as a player.
"The United team is playing very well at the moment but we need to be strong in the remaining games of the season and keep our concentration."
"It is winning the games which is really important,"
"The record doesn't mean much to me. "
"Records are not a priority of any sort because anyone who thinks about others comes off badly.
"More than not being obsessed, with records, I don't even think about them.
"I only think about playing well, helping my team to keep a good competitive level and winning.
"Each game will have an impact on the final outcome. It won't decide anything in itself, but the difficult battle that each game presents will help a lot towards the final outcome."

Martin O'Neill
Talking to the BBC:
"If you could ever try to set the benchmark, that's it.
"We came up against a team on top of their game; we have to admit they were splendid.
"There were things there to give us heart. The scoreline was pretty strong, but we had one or two chances that could have made it more respectable."

Leave a Reply