Reaction from Arsenal v Manchester United

Here are the reaction's from yesterday's match, Arsene Wenger didnt seem to happy, what a shame.

Manchester United
Fergie:
On the match: "Arsenal were the better team in the first half,"
"I thought we were nervous, I thought our passing was poor, I thought the confidence and the way we expressed ourselves was poor. I couldn’t wait for half-time.
"I had Anderson and Tevez to come on and when Arsenal scored it forced my hand. I thought we were fantastic after that. "Wayne (Rooney) could have had a hat-trick, we played some good football and Arsenal had some good moments themselves. It was just an incredible game. "I watched the Liverpool-Arsenal match and thought it was fantastic. But the quality of that game today was absolutely outstanding. You’ll not get a better game this year."
On Ronaldo's penalties and Hargreave's freekick: "The manner in which Ronaldo hit the second penalty was unbelievable. It was six inches inside the post, low down – no keeper in the world would have saved it.
"And I thought it was going to be Owen who took the free-kick – it was his distance. He’s very good at those ones – he scored one against Fulham earlier in the season of course – and he whipped it in brilliantly."
On the title race: "We’ve got over a nervous day today. We knew Arsenal are such a good team and there's been nothing between the clubs in the games we've played over the years. "I think Arsenal are unlucky not to get something from this game. Edwin (van der Sar) was fantastic, his confidence and experience shone through and it saved us at times really."Arsenal put everything into it, they gave their biggest effort, you couldn’t have asked for any more from them and yet we still managed to win it. So that was a big, big game for us today, a bit nervy at times, but we’ve come through it."We’ve got a week’s rest now so we can freshen up the players before Blackburn away. It’s a local derby and it’s always hard and then we’ve got Chelsea at Chelsea. "I said (last week) if we won our next three games we’d win the league. We’ve won one of them, we’ve got two to go – if we win our next two games, we’re champions."

Hargreaves:
"Arsenal were the better team in the first half but we had chances as well and I thought we just needed to tighten up a bit," Hargreaves told Sky Sports.
"Today was a big step. The boss said if we win our next three games we'll be champions and we've done the first part of that now.
"Hopefully we'll be there when the end of the season comes around."

Ferdinand: "Not many times have we been a goal down at home and had to come back, but we showed true grit and determination and a great team ethic to claw our way back into the game.
"We were maybe fortunate with the penalty but in the second half we were the team that looked more likely to score I thought.
"It's a massive three points, but there are more games to be played. The title is not handed out yet and we need to make sure we win our remaining games.
"If we do that, we'll be champions."
On Adebayor's Goal: "I heard a shout of 'keeper's. Edwin says he didn't say it but someone did so I left it."
Arsenal
Wenger:
On Arsenal's spirit: "Yes we are out (of the title race) of course," he told Sky Sports.
"I think we played with quality and spirit today and I am very proud of our performance, but what can you do?
"I think we got the message in March, we are not stupid, we understood it and we have to accept it.
On their problems: "I feel that we had plenty of chances are were really unlucky not to win this game today.
"I just feel that in the last two months we have not been very lucky and we have seen that again today.
"It's difficult to find an obvious reason for our problems when you watch the game today, but the quality of performance we produced it is difficult to blame anybody."
On the team: "I believe that this team is good enough," he said.
"We have had a blip since March and we have to analyse what is the reason for that, but I feel again today, and on Tuesday at Liverpool, that we played very well and the biggest target is to keep the team together."

Leave a Reply