Manchester United to face Celtic again, Ronny named Europeans Best

Yesterday the Champion's League stage draws were made, Manchester United were drawn an ok group, I wouldn't say it is fantastic but it is not easy.

Here is Group E:

Manchester United
Villareal
Celtic
Aalborg

Celtic will definetly be a hard match, especially away but if we can get a win at home and a draw away then I will be happy. Villareal will also be a hard match, I haven't seen much of them but just like Celtic I will be happy with a home win and away draw.
I have to admit that I no nothing about Aalborg, they played an English club in last seasons UEFA Cup but other than that, they shouldn't be too hard, hopefully.

It wasn't just the group stage draw being done, the European awards were given out, with Chelsea winning three and United winning two but we did win the most important one.

European Club Goalkeeper Of The Year: Petr Cech (Chelsea) - can't moan too much about this one.
European Club Defender Of The Year: John Terry (Chelsea) - I can moan about this one, I think that all of the other players nominated for this one were much better than JT, nevermind, he had to win something this season.
European Club Midfielder Of The Year: Frank Lampard (Chelsea) - I am not going to moan about this one either, he might be a Chelsea player but after taking that penalty just after his mothers death then he deserves it because I don't think I could have done it.
European Club Forward Of The Year: Cristiano Ronaldo (Manchester United) - not a surprise at all but I would have loved Rooney to have won it and got some recognition for what he has done.

European Club Player Of The Year: Cristiano Ronaldo (Manchester United) - Congratulations to Ronaldo, I was surprised when he got third last year but he thoroughly deserves it and hopefully he will be back soon.

2 Responses so far.

  1. Anonymous says:

    I'm looking forward to the Celtic fixture as I think Man Utd will struggle. I suspect it is easy points for matches against Aalborg though.

  2. Shuggo says:

    I am expecting all of the matches to be difficult, it would be dangerous to go into the match against Aalborg and think that it is easy.

Leave a Reply