Manchester United v Sunderland

Later today Manchester United take on Sunderland who haven't had the best of preparations what with former Man United player, Roy Keane walked out on them.

Cristiano Ronaldo is back for Man United after that stupid red card in the Manchester derby last week. Loads of the first team regulars were rested midweek so there shouldn't be any problems fitness wise.

Sunderland are missing former Man United player Kieran Richardson after he picked up his fifth yellow card of the season which means a one match suspension.

Squads:
Man Utd: Van der Sar, Foster, Kuszczak, Neville, Rafael, Ferdinand, Evans, Vidic, Evra, O'Shea, Ronaldo, Nani, Fletcher, Carrick, Anderson, Giggs, Park, Tevez, Rooney, Berbatov.

Sunderland: Fulop, Colgan, Bardsley, Chimbonda, Ferdinand, Nosworthy, Collins, Malbranque, Whitehead, Tainio, Leadbitter, Edwards, Miller, Yorke, Reid, Henderson, Colback, Diouf, Cisse, Jones, Murphy, Healy.

Managers:
Manchester United manager Alex Ferguson:
"Carlos Tevez has given me a big selection problem after he scored four goals in our last game.
"I have been doodling on my pad trying to see how I could fit all these players in, but one of the important parts of your team is a proper balance. I am working on that.
"It was a fantastic performance from the lad on Wednesday, full of energy and aggressive running.
"The lad always tries and I admire him for that, even if it does not make my job any easier."

Sunderland caretaker boss Ricky Sbragia:
"The players were upset after hearing that Roy Keane had left but we have a game on Saturday and we have to be focused and prepare properly.
"I never thought I would be in the dugout at Manchester United managing a Sunderland team.
"I don't think Sir Alex Ferguson will be worried about me,

You never know how a team is going to react when they loose a manager during the week but if we want to win the Premier League then we have to beat Sunderland today, anything less will be disappointing.

So I am predicting a 3-1 win for Man United.

2 Responses so far.

  1. Anonymous says:

    Faraz: Not got much to say then? I've visited your blog and was most amuzed to see it was predominantly blue in colour!

Leave a Reply