The Kaka Debate



You will probably tell me that this has nothing to do with Manchester United but in this post I will tell you exactly why it does and why if affects other football clubs world wide, especially in the UK.

Over the past few days the main transfer story is the one between Manchester City, AC Milan and Kaka. If you have been on another world the story basically is that City have made a bid of 107million GBP for Kaka.

City fans are all for it and every other fan and football fans are against it. City fans say that they are just jealous rival fans, but is that true?

It's not true in my case, in other cases possibly but I think that main problem is the amount of money and it isn't as if he is the best (or in the best 3) in the world.

I have a few problems about it and my first will affect Man United. If City pay 107m for Kaka this will now drive all other prices up.
The World transfer record (most expensive amount paid for a player is currently at: £46,000,000 when Zinedine Zidane moved from Juventus to Real Madrid).
If City paid this amount for Kaka, I wouldn't have a problem with it at all but what they are offering is atleast double that.

The second problem I have with it is that players wont be going to Manchester City because they want to play for the club, they will be going there because either they want the money or no other club can afford to buy them and the clubs need or cannot refuse the money then they have no choice but to go to City.

For example- Robinho.
Robinho and most people were sure that he was going to leave Real Madrid for Chelsea on the last day of the transfer window but City out bid Chelsea, haven't got a problem with that but the player was desperate to leave Real Madrid (don't blame him) that he had to go to City because Madrid accepted their offer for him.

There is a myth and I call it a myth because it hasn't been verified by anyone of importance but when Robinho first went to Manchester City's training ground, he looked around and asked where Rooney, Giggs and Ferdinand are. So he obviously thought he was at Manchester United.

I am not a jealous Manchester United fan because I don't see what we have to be jealous of, we have the worlds best player, we win titles, we have history and we have millions and millions of fans.
I would also like to say that I would also be saying this if it was Man United offering 107million for Kaka, I think that Berbatov was over priced at £30.5m.

If any other football club like Manchester United, Barcelona, Real Madrid etc.. could afford that and could put in the same amount that City can he would never choose to go to City, it is just the money and money talks.

My final point is that I find it strange that City are willing to pay 107 million for Kaka but they won't add a few million to buy Roque Santa Cruz and Hughes did say that City will not pay over the odds for players, if 107 million isn't overpriced then I don't know what is.

What do you think?

Leave a Reply