Rooney's Dream Could Come True


Wayne Rooney has spoken about his dream- lifting the FA Cup at Wembley. Manchester United have got to the semi-finals of this seasons FA Cup which means that we have a good chance of going to the FA Cup final.


Rooney has spoken to Inside United and this is what he has had to say:

I’m desperate to win the FA Cup,"

"If I’m honest, it’s the trophy I wanted to win the most when I was younger. Like most kids, I grew up dreaming of scoring the winner in a cup final at Wembley.

"Also, as an Everton fan I wasn’t under any illusions that we were good enough to win the league, so the cup competitions were much more realistic.

"The FA Cup has such a big history, and that’s stuck with me all these years,"

"I’ve played in two finals with United and lost them both and that’s a horrible feeling. I really want to win it this season. That would be a dream come true."


Rooney has also reiterated his desire to stay at Man United:

"I hope I’m still at United when I’m the same age as guys like Giggs, Scholes and Neville," he said. "I’ve always said that for as long as United want me, I’m happy to stay at the club. "I don’t want to leave. I love United and I have no reason to think about moving. I’m sure I’ll be here for a long time,".


I'm sure all Man United fans would love to see Rooney at the club when he is Scholes, Giggs and Neville's ages. Rooney and Manchester United did get to the FA Cup final in 2007 but unfortunately Rooney and Man United lost to Chelsea 1-0 in extra time.

Leave a Reply