What Is It With Sepp Blatter And English Football?


FIFA boss Sepp Blatter has found yet another reason why he doesn't like the English Premier League. This time Blatter believes that the Premier League's dominance is ruining football- yes you did read it right.

In an interview with BBC Radio 5 Live, Blatter condemned the Premier League for attracting worldwide attention with which other leagues cannot compete. To me Manchester United is my club and I will support them no matter what but I do understand that it is also a business, you cannot punish a business for going worldwide. Sky isn't being condemned, they are a world wide business, he hasn't got a problem with them.

There was one thing that Blatter said that I do agree with- Foreign owners in the Premier League can cause a problem. There are some foreign owners who stay out of the headlines but there are others (e.g. the Chelsea owner and the new Man City owner) who I believe are ruining football, Abramovich arrived at Chelsea and threw money at them, wages and player prices went up, now the it looks like the Man City owners are going to push the prices up even more.

Overall, I think Blatter should stop picking on the Premier League.

Submit to Punditit Submit this to Punditit

2 Responses so far.

  1. David says:

    Hello, your blog is great.
    I have a blog about Manchester United in Croatia, which is very popular among other blogers.
    Greetings from Croatia!

    http://www.manchester_united_fc.bloger.hr/

  2. Shuggo says:

    Hi David, I have checked out your blog (and used a translator) and I think it is fantasitc.
    If you would like I can do a link exchange with you.
    Greetings from England!

Leave a Reply