New Deal For Gibson

Football - Hull City v Manchester United Barclays Premier League
A month ago the press were reporting that Sir Alex Ferguson had put Darren Gibson up for sale. The news today is that Darron Gibson has agreed a new three-year extension with Man United.

The new deal will now keep Gibson at Old Trafford until 2012. When I first heard that Gibson was put on the transfer list, I was surprised because he had impressed me last season. He looked like he could be a fantastic player and I thought that Fergie thought a lot of him.

"I am very happy to commit my future to United," Gibson told ManUtd.com "Last season I enjoyed every opportunity and when I got my chance I wanted to prove what I could do. I hope to continue that this season."

"Darron was one of the young players who emerged last season as a United first-team player," Fergie told ManUtd.com "His appearance ratio did not really reflect the high regard in which we hold him, as he has constantly worked hard to challenge for a first team spot."

I am glad that the rumours aren't true and Gibson is staying. Are you?

Leave a Reply