Van Der Sar Won't Give Up

Man United's current number one goalkeeper Edwin Van Der Sar is not ready to give up the shirt and he is prepared to fight for his place. Many believe that next season will be the final season playing football for Van Der Sar, he has already quit International football and at the age of 38 it may be his last.

United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has said that Ben Foster will play more games next season but Van Der Sar is also determined to play as many games as he can.

"The manager [Sir Alex Ferguson] has gone public and explained that he's planning to give Ben [Foster] more games," Van der Sar has been quoted in The Mirror as saying.

"I think that's normal because you have to look to the future. But I still want to play as many games as I can next season.”

"As far as making a decision on my future, I'm going to see how the season goes,” he added.

"Several factors will determine my decision. Am I still enjoying it? Do the club still want me? Those kind of things."


I still believe that Van Der Sar will be Man United's main goalkeeper next season, he is still the best that we have. I don't believe that Foster is quite ready but he will be.

Leave a Reply