Ben Foster Doesn't Like Being Second Choice

Man United goalkeeper Ben Foster doesn't like being the second choice goalkeeper especially considering at the end of next season is a World Cup. Foster has recently been suffering with a few injuries but he is determined to prove himself to Sir Alex Ferguson and England boss Fabio Capello.

"I don't want to just sit around and be number two,” Foster said to The Daily Mirror. "I want to play as many games as I can and if I get the chance I want to do as well as I can.

“I want to make sure the gaffer has a big decision. England and the World Cup Finals are the goals for me and to get to South Africa I have to be playing for Manchester United."

It is widely reported that Edwin Van Der Sar will retire at the end of next season which would mean that Fergie will give Foster more chances throughout the season.


Leave a Reply