Man United Not Weakened

Fabio Da Silva Manchester United 2008/09
Man United defender Fabio da Silva believes United haven’t been weakened by the loss of Cristiano Ronaldo. Fabio suffered from injuries last season and now he is ready to make an impact.

"I do not believe we are weakened," he told GLOBOESPORTE. "The club have signed [Antonio] Valencia, who is a very good player, for Cristiano Ronaldo's place, and [Michael] Owen.

"Of course Cristiano is the best in the world, but they will handle it and we will fight for the league."

"Last season I did not play much because I was injured a lot of time," he explained. "But I have been playing a lot in the pre-season and I am excited to make a great season."

Fabio was also asked about who he thinks will challenge United for the Premier League title.

"Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea and Manchester City."


Finally, Fabio was asked how his twin brother Rafael is getting on after suffering a shoulder injury.

"He is recovering from an injury in his right shoulder. The curious thing is that I had the same thing last year, which left me out of the team for a long time. We are twins even when it comes to getting hurt."

Leave a Reply