Foster: Thanks Fergie

York Races - Ebor Festival

Man United goalkeeper Ben Foster has thanked manager Sir Alex Ferguson for having faith in him. Foster didn’t have the best of games in the Manchester derby, he was then rested in the Carling Cup last Wednesday but he was picked for the Stoke match last Saturday.

Foster didn’t have much to do in the Stoke match but hopefully keeping a clean sheet will have given Foster some much needed confidence. When keepers make mistakes in matches, they tend to be disasters which is what happened against City, hopefully the game against City will be a turning point for Foster.

Foster said: "I have to say a big thanks to the boss for sticking by me.
"Last Sunday against City was great for the team but personally it was an absolute disaster. 


"I was gutted afterwards. I was the only one in the changing room with an upside down smile on his face. 


"I pretty much buried my head in the sand. I didn't really want to watch the television and there was no way I was reading the papers the next day. 


"But when we got into training I had to face up to it. I had to look at the replays, analyse them and learn from them. 


"You are going to have those days as a goalkeeper sometimes and you have to keep them to a minimum."


Leave a Reply