United Steward Broke City Fans Legs

A Man City fan is claiming that a Man United steward crippled him just minutes into the Manchester derby. The 46-year old Man City fan claims that he broke both of his legs because the steward shoved him down steps.


The fan was taken to hospital when a policeman saw him in agony and bleeding. The steward caught the City fans smoking in the toilet and told him to leave the stadium. The fan decided to go to his seat but he bumped into the steward who had asked him to leave, so the steward made sure that he left.

The Man City fan says: “This guy was nothing but a bully. He's there to protect the fans - not attack them. I'm lucky he didn't kill me.”


“I agreed to leave without a fuss. But as we headed along the concourse he shoved me in the back three or four times with real aggression.”

“When I protested he told me he was entitled to 'use reasonable force'. With that he led to the top of the stairs and pushed me straight down.” 

“I wasn't drunk. I'd had a pint and a half of Guinness but I can't drink more because of my condition [he suffers from a rare oesophageal achalasia disorder].”

Police said United were helping their investigation and Man United have said that they can’t comment.

Ok, lets go through this then.
He suffers from a disorder but he was caught smoking in a toilet. Surely smoking isn’t good for his condition and even worse, it is illegal to smoke in a public place. So the steward had every right to ask him to leave.

The fan decided to ignore the steward and go back to his seat. The fan says that he left without a fuss, now I can’t believe that bit. It was the biggest Manchester derby in years, I can’t believe that he left without a fuss. I don’t know any fan who would do that.

Stewards are allowed to use ‘reasonable force’, that’s fair enough but if it is true and the steward used force which wasn’t necessary, then that is totally out of order. He must have used a hell of a lot of force if the City fan broke both of his legs and that is what I struggle with.

I can’t possibly see why the steward that amount of force if the fan wasn’t making a fuss. There must be something not being said by the fan, mayb’e he was using force himself.

I am not saying that the steward is innocent but I can’t believe that fan is 100% innocent.

Anyway, I am sure that we will hear some more about this soon.


Leave a Reply