Wayne To Miss Matches Against CSKA and Liverpool?

Coleen Rooney shows off her bump in Manchester
Wayne Rooney’s wife Coleen Rooney is due to give birth to their first child on the 24th October, Wayne has said that he may have to miss a few matches to be at the birth of his child.

Man United travel to CSKA Moscow for a Champion’s League group match just days before Coleen is due to give birth. Coleen is due to give birth just a day before United’s all important game against Liverpool at Anfield in the Premier League.

Wayne has said that he wants to be at the birth of his child but if all goes to plan, he won’t have to miss any of the games. It would be a massive blow if Wayne couldn’t play in the CSKA or Liverpool match but the birth of his child is much more important.

“Of course I want to be there for the birth of my child," Rooney said, according to The Daily Star.

"And if anything happens around that time, then I am sure I will stay back [from the trip to Moscow].


“If everything is going to plan, then I will be there [in Moscow], playing for United, because that’s my job and that’s what I am paid to do.


“Moscow is a long way but I have a job to go and play for United. Unless anything changes, I will be there.”


"I've certainly settled down over the last couple of years," he added. "I was still quite young when I signed for United but you realise different things when you get a bit older.


"I think I've changed a lot. When I was at Everton and perhaps in my first year at United, I probably went out a bit more than I should have done.


"I got myself involved in different situations, but these days I don't really go out at all. I try not to put myself in those situations any more.


"These days I enjoy my time with my family in places where I know I've got the right people around me.


"Everywhere I go people recognise me. I suppose you get used to it, but you still need your privacy at certain times."

Leave a Reply