Jack Rodwell To Man United? No Chance

Everton manager David Moyes has said today that there is no chance of Man United signing. There have been suggestions that Man United have already made a bid for the young star but Moyes has warned United off.

Football - Everton v Manchester United FA Cup Semi Final

Everton face Man United this evening at Old Trafford and all eyes would have been on Rodwell but he is a doubt due to injury.

"Of course Jack is a talented young player who is English and already established in the Premier League at a top-six club, so there is bound to be interest from other clubs," Moyes said.

"But that is hypothetical, for the future, and yet people are saying it has come now. It hasn't. We are not sitting on an offer, and really, what is the point in answering, because there is nothing there at all."

"I could say I want Jonny Evans or Jack Wilshere, but people will say I've no chance of getting them, and that's how I feel about Rodwell. It is frustrating because it has been presented as fact, when it isn't.
"I don't doubt he is on other teams' radars, but he's on ours, and we have had nothing, and that's the end of the matter."

"You can check my phones, you can come and sit at my desk and have a look, and there has been nothing, not a call, not a conversation and certainly not a bid on the table."


"He has a five-year contract and he's very level-headed. There's no point in me turning round and saying he's not for sale, because we said that with Lescott and had to sell in the end. But what I can tell you is - 100 per cent - we have had nothing.
"It's hard for me to talk about these things because of Lescott and, to be honest, I don't even want to go there because it's rubbish."

I think we should take that as a no then!


Leave a Reply