Tottenham After Foster?

Over recent days it has been widely documented that Man United goalkeeper Ben Foster may have to leave Old Trafford in order to play for England in next year’s World Cup.

Football - England v Slovakia International Friendly

England manager Fabio Capello has said that in order for players to go to the 2010 World Cup, they must be playing regular football for their club.

Foster did say after the recent England match that he may have to leave Man United and surprise, surprise, he is today being linked with a move away. The Sun believe that Tottenham Hotspur boss Harry Redknapp will make a £6 million move for the star.

"It's a weird one," Foster was quoted as saying by the Press Association.

"I am third choice for Manchester United at the moment yet I am playing for my country.

"It is very disheartening to not even be on the bench at United.

"Edwin is one of the best keepers in the world. I can't really go knocking on the manager's door and say he is not doing his job, because he is."


He went on to say: "It was a bit out of the blue [being chosen to start for England against Brazil] but I have done really well in training this week and thankfully, the boss [Capello] stuck with me.

"It is everything for a footballer to go to the World Cup but I can't go saying 'I want to leave' [Manchester United] or anything like that.

"I have just got to see what happens."



Leave a Reply