Vidic Dismisses Rumours

Man United defender Nemanja Vidic has been linked with a move away from Man United but he has insisted that he doesn’t want to leave. Vidic is under contract with Man United until 2012, talks aren’t likely to open between the player and Man United until 2011.

Soccer: Training - Manchester United May 20

"I am glad to have been part of this club for so many years, if I could be one of the bases on which a new team is built I would be very happy," Vidic said.

"I have never said I want to go and play in another country. Other people have spoken or written about it and I am not happy with that.”

"But I have said in the past what I think. I don't want to keep talking about it because I can't stop what people say.
"The fact is I am happy here." 

It has been rumoured that Vidic wants to leave for Barcelona, which is why talks aren’t likely to start soon. Vidic has dismissed these rumours.
"I don't want to rush and I don't want to speak about my future in the media," he said.

"I will speak about it to the club. But I don't want to push them. I don't want to push anyone.
"We will see what happens. I am here and I am happy. I have shown in the games that I want to be part of the team and to play every game 100% for this club." 

That has to be great news for Man United, he has been one of our star performers over recent seasons and I would love to see him stay here for years to come.

Leave a Reply