Only Kind Words From Roberto Mancini

Premier League: Manchester United Champions 2009
It looks like Man City manager Roberto Mancini doesn’t want to get into a war of words with Man United manager Sir Alex Ferguson. Sir Alex is well known to get into a verbal battle with many managers, most recently Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez (who did start it).

Mancini has spoken about Sir Alex and has only has kinds words to say about the Man United manager. This was ahead of the Carling Cup first leg tie between the two teams, which has now been cancelled thanks to the snow.

"I hope that I stay here in this seat for many times," Mancini reportedly said.


"But it’s normal. It’s meant as a joke what he said, but now I hope I stay here for a long time.


"Has Sir Alex contacted me since I was appointed? No but he doesn’t have my number. But he’s a good man."


"I have great respect for him. Sir Alex has won many trophies and is the most important manager in the world.


"But we want to beat him, this is normal. We don’t play to lose. We have respect but we want to beat United and we want to beat Sir Alex."

Leave a Reply