De Gea Turned Wigan Down To Keep His Dream Alive

RACING SANTANDER VS ATLETICO MADRID
19 year old Atletico Madrid goalkeeper David De Gea has revealed that he turned down the opportunity to move to Wigan last year, because he wants to play for Man United.

Man United’s current number one Edwin Van Der Sar won’t have too many seasons left in him at the age of 39 and it is thought that Sir Alex Ferguson has De Gea down on his list of possible replacements.

Sir Alex has sent scouts out to Spain to watch De Gea in recent weeks, and if United want him it looks like the player is willing to move to England to play for United. That is also assuming that the clubs can agree a fee for the player and it is only speculation.

Right now the talented keeper is just concentrating on playing for Atletico.

“All I know is what Atletico have told me - there has been contact between the two clubs [Atletico and United].”

“I believe now is not the time to move. I was about to go to Wigan last summer but I wanted to remain at Atletico and take my opportunity another time.

“The Premier League would be enjoyable for any player and it is an option I would like a bit later on in my life.

“I won’t rule anything out but at the moment, my head is focused on Atletico. For me, Van der Sar has been one of the best in the world in recent years.”

Leave a Reply