Man United After Real Madrid Forward?

KARIM BENZEMA
Karim Benzema was one of Man United’s top transfer targets last summer but he left Lyon for Real Madrid after United wouldn’t be held to ransom over his pricetag. It was probably more of a case that United didn’t actually have that amount of money to spend, even after the sale of Cristiano Ronaldo for £80 million.

With the summer transfer window opening soon, Benzema has been linked again with a move to Old Trafford, after a disappointing first season at the Bernabeu.

Benzema joined the Spanish side initially for €35 million rising to €41 million. The French forward has only made 32 appearances, scoring nine goals. Real Madrid are thought to be looking to sell him for €30 million, which could prove to be a problem.

The second stumbling block could be his wages, it’s believed that he would want between £150,000-£200,000-a-week. That’s not going to happen!

Over recent weeks Benzema has been asked if he rejects joining Real, instead of Manchester United. He gave a very blunt reply:

“Do I regret not signing for Manchester United? No. I dreamt about Real, that’s all,” Benzema has been quoted as saying.

“It was a first season to learn. I didn’t know what a season abroad was. Now I know, and next term, from the very first day, I will be at my very best. I don’t want to leave. I don’t think the club wants to see me leave. I want to make a name for myself.”

So it sounds like he doesn’t want to come to United, we don’t want a player who doesn’t want to be here so he might as well stay there then. It’s his loss!

Leave a Reply