“I'm definitely here for the rest of my career now"

Manchester United captain Nemanja Vidic has pledged his future to the club.

The 29-year old joined Man United in January 2006 and has gone on to make 226 appearances, scoring 17 goals. The defender has been linked with a move away, with clubs such as AC Milan, Barcelona and Real Madrid all reportedly interested in him.

Vidic told the Sunday Mirror: “I hope to spend the rest of my career here at United.”
“I heard the speculation about me maybe leaving last year, but I know where I want to be and I have shown my commitment to the club.

“I have given the best years of my career to this club and the talk about me leaving here was never correct.

“I always give my best. Of course, sometimes you have good and bad days, but I think I always try to give 100 per cent – and especially now I have that armband and the responsibility that goes with it.

“I'm definitely here for the rest of my career now. It never came from my mouth that I would be leaving United. I love it here and I think I show that on the pitch.”

Leave a Reply