Man United Star Needed Operation

Manchester United winger Cristiano Ronaldo needed a heart operation when he was only 15 years old.
This story has been revealed by his mother and I am surprised that it hasn't surfaced earlier.

According to The Sun, Ronaldo's mother has said that Ronaldo was diagnosed with a racing heart which may have caused Ronaldo to have given up playing.

Ronaldo's mother, Dolores Aveiro, said: "His heart raced a lot when he wasn't running.
"The people in charge at Sporting alerted me and I went to Portugal where I had to sign some papers and authorise him being treated in hospital.
"They used a sort of laser to cauterise the source of the problem. He was operated on in the morning and came out at the end of the afternoon.
"Before we knew exactly what he had I was worried because there was the possibility of him giving up playing football.
"But the treatment went well and after some days he was back at training again."


I am glad that Ronaldo was diagnosed with a problem, especially since footballers have died from heart problems- Lilian Thuram had to retire last year because of a heart problem and a former Manchester City player called Marc-Vivien Foe died whilst playing for Cameroon in 2003.

I'm glad Ronnys alright now.

Leave a Reply