Dodo To Man United?

It looks like Manchester United are close to signing Brazilian youngster Dodo (player on the left of the picture). According various reports the Brazil Under-17 international defender is set to join United for £5.4 million in February 2010.


Jose Rodolfo Pires Ribeiro Dodo is thought to hold a Portugese passport which means that he could join the club without too many problems. Dodo has spoken about the prospect of becoming a United player.


"As there are already some Brazilians in England, I suppose that I am going to get adapted easier," Dodo is quoted as saying by Sky Sports.

"I have never played with the twins Fabio and Rafael, neither with Anderson, but it's good for me to have them near. Even Cristiano Ronaldo as he speaks in Portuguese."I started playing at Cruzeiro. I was 11-years-old and played there for three years. Then I went to Corinthians, where I [have been] since 2007.


"I returned from being on duty with the Under-17 national team and only had time to be with my parents for a few hours.

"I received the instructions to travel to England. I don't know how to speak in English but I am travelling with John, who is going to be my interpreter.


"The way in which I play is the typical Brazilian style, with technique and ability. I also [want to] get identified with European style so that mixture can be something very good for me.


"Every player dreams to play in the national team and then be transferred to a European team. I am doing that. Next year I will join the first team of Manchester United. I am going to play next to the best players [in] the world."


I personally haven't heard much about this youngster before.

One Response so far.

  1. Anonymous says:

    Where d f**k is this guy now???!!!! Feb2010???!!!

Leave a Reply