Two Words= Glory Supporter


If you can't read the image above (sorry I couldn't make it any bigger without ruining it) then this is what it says:

FOOK MAN UTD LOST AGANIST BURNLEY WHAT A JOKE I'VE BEEN A MAN UTD FAN FOR 8 YEARS AND NOW I'M GOING OFF TO STADFORD BRIDGE I HOPE CHELSEA WIN AGANIST FULLHAM ON SUNDAY COM ON YOU BLUES WHO ELSE IS WITH ME I KNOW IT MIGHT BE STUPID I DON'T REALLY CARE IF MAN UTD WIN THE PREM BUT I THINK CHELSEA HAVE A BETTER SQUAD, IT'S ONLY BECAUSE WE GAVE DIVER RONALDO AWAY FOOKING SIR ALEX WHAT A T**T CAN'T WIN AGANIST BURNLEY HOW POOR IS THAT THOUGH VERY BYE EVERY ONE NICE BEING ON HERE DOWN TO LONDON KNOW...........................................................


This was taken off the official Manchester United websites forum. I have spent year defending Man United fans but people like this really don't help.

Man United fans are often referred to as glory supporters, many other fans say that no Man United fans actually live in Manchester. There are many passionate fans who don't live in the UK but support United and they are true fans. You do get complete and utter idiots like this person who are glory supporters.

How can you support Man United for eight years and after one defeat suddenly decide that you are going to support Chelsea? People like this really get on my nerves, he/she obviously isn't a football supporter.

I do come from Manchester but even if I didn't I believe that I would still support United because it is my blood. Man United is the only team that I am interested in and I can't understand people like that.

What do you think? Do people like this give Man United fans a bad name?

7 Responses so far.

  1. Bongmantv says:

    I don't live in Manchester but I grew up supporting them because my dad did. People like this give people like me a bad name, I already get stick for not coming from Manchester. But I do think man united need to buy some new world class players to compete this year.

  2. Shuggo says:

    Hi Bongmantv. Thanks for your comment. I can understand how it is hard for you, just because you don't come from Manchester it doesn't mean you can't support United.

    I do think we need to buy some more players aswell but I don't think it will happen.

  3. Stefan says:

    I think most of us start to cheer for the same team as someone close to us in our childhood. In my case it was United simply thanks to my father. Since then I've always been and will always be a United-fan. The "problem" is that since it has gone so great for United a lot of people you meet think you are a glory hunter.

    With that said I don't think the person who made that comment ever was a United-supporter.

  4. Shuggo says:

    Hi Stefan, Thanks for your comment.

    I understand what you are saying, I was also brought up as a Man United fan and I can't see me supporting any other team, ever.

    People can't just change their minds just because of one result.

  5. AntiManu says:

    I agree this person is a disgrace to your team and football as a whole. I applude you for posting this.

    Bongmantv / Stefan: Using your father as a reason to support Man Utd is termed "second generation glory hunter".

  6. Bongmantv says:

    Funny you should say that AntiManu because before 1993 manunited hardly won anything so it wasnt really glory hunter was it? and i am 25 so.... work it out for yourself, if you can count backwards that is.

  7. Shuggo says:

    AntiManu: Thanks for your comment. The person is a disgrace and many clubs have fans like this which I think is awful.

    Bongmantv: I think you are entitled to support who you want no matter where you are.

    Just for interest, Stephen and Bongmantv, do you live in the UK? Some people don't mind Man United supporters as long as they live in the UK.
    Personally, I believe that anyone in any country can support whatever team from whatever country.

Leave a Reply