Martin Joins The Tractor Boys

Aberdeen v Manchester United - Pre Season Friendly

Lee Martin yesterday joined Roy Keane's Ipswich on a four year deal for an undisclosed fee. Martin joined Man United when he was 16-years-old, now at the age of 22 he has moved to another club.

Martin had made only three first team appearances for Man United but he had been hailed as one of the next bright stars. Whilst at Man United Martin went to six different clubs on loan- Royal Antwerp, Rangers, Stoke City, Plymouth Argyle, Sheffield United and Nottingham Forest.

Martin said: “It obviously wasn’t an easy decision, leaving a club like Manchester United, but I know how ambitious the manager is here and I’m delighted to be part of his plans for the future.

"It’s also important for me to be playing regular first-team football and hopefully I can play my part in helping Ipswich get back in the Premier League."


Roy Keane added: "Lee was a young lad at Manchester United when I was there and he showed a lot of promise. He’s ambitious and wants to get back to the top level and I’m delighted he wants to do that with Ipswich Town."

All I can really say is good luck to him.

Leave a Reply