Carrick Has Faith

MANCHESTER UNITED V VALENCIA CF
Michael Carrick hasn’t started as many games as he would have liked so far this season but he is patient and he has faith in the manager. Carrick has started only two Premier League matches so far this season but after scoring in the Champion’s League midweek, hopefully it will kick start his season.

With many players fighting to start in midfield and Owen Hargreaves close to a return, it will get harder but that is part of being in a Man United squad. United has a large squad full of very good players but competition for places is a good thing.

"It's been a little bit frustrating for me personally at the start of the season but you trust in the manager," said Carrick, according to The Daily Mirror.

"But just because you sit out one or two games it doesn't mean he's fallen out with you or anything like that.


"It's just a case of him looking at the long haul all the time and the fact that everyone has to be fresh. That's how it is here and you have to understand that.


"The manager knows exactly what to do and what team to pick and who needs to play. He has to do that all season.


"I'm aware of that and of course I want to play every game, but you have to be patient.


"You look around the squad and the quality we have, and you have to realise that nobody is going to play every week.


"It was never a case of 'what have I done wrong?'. I've been here long enough now to know how things work.


"I want to play every game, that's my job as a professional footballer, but I've been in and out of the side."


"I've scored against Wolfsburg and did alright, but I know I'll be sitting out games again over the next few weeks. That's how it is for everybody here.


"But we all trust the manager and the teams he picks. It works, so long as we're successful at the end of the season, then everybody is happy."


Leave a Reply