Fletcher To Have Injections Before Games

CHELSEA V MANCHESER UNITED
Man United midfielder Darren Fletcher may have just returned to the first team from an injury, but there are already reports that he will have to struggle until the end of the season with an ankle injury.

Fletcher has revealed that he is hoping that a pain killing injection will delay the need for surgery.

Fletcher said: "A bit of bone has broken off the back of my ankle and stuck out about an inch'' "Every time I bend it is causing a bit of pain so I have had an injection to clear it up for a while.
"It should be okay to the end of the season but the plan is to get me through to the summer and then do something then.''

"I have had it for a couple of years now and the build-up of fluid and other medical things the doctors know more about than me has been constantly aggravating it"
"Striking a ball or bending the ankle in a flexed position or pushing off it hurts.
"It got to the point where it was too sore to train and play. Something had to be done and I had the injection.''

Fletcher has been a big game player for United over the past few seasons. We missed him during the 2-0 loss to Barcelona in the Champions League final, and I am expecting him to be one of the first names on the team sheet this Sunday to play Chelsea.


"I take the compliments with a pinch of salt,'' he said. "I enjoy these matches as much as anyone and I put pressure on myself to perform more than anyone does.
"The challenge of playing against the top-class players that Chelsea have is one I look forward to and I will be doing my best to win the match. But I am not going to make or break a game like this.''


Leave a Reply