Kuszczak On Being Number One And Injury Crisis

MANCHESTER UNITED V VALENCIA CF

Since Edwin Van Der Sar has been out injured goalkeeper Tomasz Kuszczak has emerged as Man United’s number two, ahead of Ben Foster. Kuszczak has said that he wants to keep his place even when Van Der Sar is back fit, which isn’t really a surprise, why would he want to go back to the bench?

"I am still making some small mistakes, which I am not happy with," Kuszczak told The Manchester Evening News.

"I try to be honest about my performances. Okay, I didn't concede any goals against Wolves but I made some mistakes which could have cost us a goal. Thankfully they didn't.


"I am enjoying playing regularly. Then you can do something with your performance.


"Playing for Manchester United is fantastic. Even when I have had the hard times, when I did not play, that was always my ambition.


"I never started thinking the chance wouldn't come for me. Now it is my time to play regularly and I want to do it for a long time.


"I have to play well and keep clean sheets. I have to make as few mistakes as I can."

Kuszczak has then gone on to make a few comments about Man United’s defensive crisis.

"It is difficult to keep clean sheets because the level of the Premier League is so high and we have to keep changing the defence around," he added.

"It can be confusing but we don't have enough time to gel - although they played well on Tuesday against Wolves."

Leave a Reply