Carlos Tevez After Revenge

Football - Everton v Manchester City Barclays Premier League
The former Man United striker has said that he and his Manchester City team-mates are after revenge. Earlier on in the season Man City lost 4-3 at Old Trafford after a winner from Michael Owen in the dying seconds. Tevez was booed throughout the game by the Man United fans after his move to United’s rivals.

"What happened at Old Trafford earlier this season is still in our heads and this is the moment for revenge," Tevez reportedly said.
"I want to play in this match for many reasons. It's a semi final, a derby and there's a bitter rivalry between the two clubs.


"I believe this is a good moment for us to play a local rival like United, who never normally give anything to their opponents.
"In a semi-final over two matches and in a derby, anything is possible. But I think the key will be the return game at Old Trafford and we must ensure we get a good result at home."


"Slowly we have improved our level, the squad is confident, morale is high and if we get a victory over United it will be sensational”


"With Roberto Mancini, things are progressing. The coach has built a good understanding with the players. I still believe that City can win a trophy this season and the Carling Cup could be our first."
Tevez went on to say: It's normal for me to celebrate a goal, but if I score I will do so with respect to my opponents”.


"I still respect the United fans and I hope they know that.
"I still have many friends in the United squad. That's never changed just because I now play for the other club in the city.
"I don't think anyone could doubt my commitment or work-rate for United in my two years there.


"For me it's always a great game to play against United as they're one of the best clubs in the world. But I'm with City now and I dream of winning derbies for them."

Nobody can doubt the commitement Tevez showed when he was at United, that is why the Man United fans loved him but he has joined out City rivals, what else does he expect?

Leave a Reply