Another Award For Ronaldo

Congratulations to Manchester United's winger - Cristiano Ronaldo, who has won yet another award, this time it is the Balloon D'Or (European footballer of the year).

Ronaldo grabbed first place which in my opinion is thoroughly deserved and I would have said that even if he wasn't a Man United player. Second place went to Barcelona's Messi and third place went to Liverpool's Torres.

Many world class players have won this award, such as; Kaka, Ronaldinho, Ronaldo (the other Ronaldo), Figo, M.Owen, Zidane and many more.

Ronaldo has said:

“It is one of the most beautiful days of my life. To gain this trophy is something I dreamed of as a child.

“Great emotion fills me but I cannot really describe it.

“I want to thank those who voted for me, those who know me and those who live with me.

“I was not worried, because I was aware of what I did in the course of the season.

“But to the people who mentioned my name, I say thank you. Thank you also to my team-mates.

“This trophy is one that I want to win again because it is so good. Therefore, I will wake and I will say to myself ’I want to be even better’.”

One Response so far.

Leave a Reply