Evra Still Rightly Angry

After receiving a four match ban over the incident with the Chelsea groundsman, Man United defender Patrice Evra is still very angry. If you don't know what went on, then you can click here or here to find out.

Evra told MUTV:
"I'm very angry because I didn't touch anybody, yet I have a four-game ban,"
"But sometimes bad things happen in life - now I'm focusing on the Club World Cup because I want to be a world champion."

Man United's chief executive David Gill said:
"We looked at the situation carefully and discussed it with Alex and Patrice, and as you saw from the strong statement we put out we were very disappointed by the ban," he said.
"We thought it was disproportionate, a poor decision. But we felt, given the games he misses, the issues surrounding an appeal and the distraction it would cause at a key stage in the season, it'd be better to take it on the chin.
"Patrice is a wonderful character and I believe him 100 per cent when he says he never hit the groundsman. He has our full support. We don't like the decision and we don't think it reflects other improper conduct charges. But we move on."

Evra will return in the Premier League (he is currently playing for Man United in the FIFA World Club Championship") against who else but Chelsea at Old Trafford. I am sure that the groundsman won't be invited by Man United, not sure about Chelsea though.

I was disappointed with this decision, there were accusations that the groundsman was racist towards Evra, if that is true then that is disgusting and wrong.

Leave a Reply